Friday, September 18, 2009

52 Days

After a little concern about some fast heart accelerations yesterday afternoon, Max (who is now 52 days old) was transferred up to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City last night. Before the transfer an EKG was done, and even though that came back relatively normal, the staff at American Fork Hospital and Primary Children's thought it would be wise for the transfer. After another ambulance ride, Max arrived and was admitted about 8 p.m.

He was reattached to the monitors and some more labs were drawn to double-check some of the previous tests. Everything has seemed to be going pretty well today and we were hopeful that we'd be able to go home tonight. However, the cardiologists here aren't 100% convinced his accelerations are normal, so we are now waiting for a holter monitor to be attached. This monitor requires at least a 24-hour following, so we most likely won't return home until at least Sunday morning; assuming results come back normal. We also just found out that the I.V. in his arm was infected and had to be removed just moments ago. Poor little Max has already had to have three different I.V.'s inserted and might have to have another one done. We now have to wait for the wounds/infections nurse to visit and see what needs to be done, if anything.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Max. Poor little guy. I hope your family is handling it well. We will keep you in our prayers.