I always joke about "knocking on wood" that our family is never sick. Apparently I knocked a little too much, because my lucky streak has ended and I'm now up to my yellow-gloved arms in puke and other fun stuff.
Shortly after we returned from our weekend trip to Tucson, Jackson started puking. Alora then started complaining that she didn't feel good. I noticed she was a little "green" and before I could get her to her bathroom, she decorated her bedroom carpet. That incident sent Jeremy to the store to purchase more carpet cleaner and some air freshners. Several more trips to the bathroom for both Jackson and Alora told us we were in for a long night.
The two made it pretty good through the night, just 1-2 bouts each. However, Noah soon joined them this morning. Instead of the tile or bedroom carpet, he decided to redecorate his bathroom. I almost started puking myself as I cleaned up the mess. Where is the school janitor when you need him/her?
The day isn't even half over and I've already been to the store and back to get yet more cleaner. Two of the three toilets are clogged, and despite jamming my hand down the mouth of the toilet, I have yet to figure out what is causing the clog. My nose has the perma-puke smell and Mr. Max is keeping me on my toes as he "helps" me clean, unclog, and wash laundry. I guess I'm just glad this isn't a common occurrence. This will teach me to knock on wood in the future.

No comments:
Post a Comment