I was out BBQing and Winnie cat snuck out. Jackson went to retrieve her when all of the sudden he started screaming in pain. I thought he was just being loud and crazy until Jeremy yelled at me to get inside. As I made my way inside, I saw blood splattered all across the family room and into the kitchen. Jeremy had Jack up on the counter with several paper towels applied to his foot. After assessing the foot, we realized he probably needed stitches since it wouldn't stop bleeding and looked pretty deep.
We first went to Goodnight Pediatrics, an after-hours urgent care. After paying a $40 copay, the doctor determined it was too deep for him to stitch. He sent us to the ER. After paying a $100 copay and having five X-rays taken (to check for glass or other debri), the doctors at Banner Estrella Hospital laced up Jack's foot with six large stitches. Jackson was a champ and hardly cried at all and just needed minor numbing medicine for his foot. We finally left the ER after four hours and Jackson having to wear a special "boot" and necessary crutches.


No comments:
Post a Comment