A week later, while sitting in church, I noticed his eyelashes on his left eye were white. Not completely white, but several lashes were completely white. That added to my suspicions even more. The splotch itself hadn't really changed but this new addition was odd. I took a picture.
During the next week, I researched what I could on the internet about skin pigmentations. The term I kept coming back to was "vitiligo." Vitiligo is a condition that causes depigmentation of sections of skin. It occurs when melanoctyes, the cells responsible for skin pigmentation, die or are unable to function. I had a friend who had this disease growing up, but her's covered her entire body, except her face. Apparently there are several different types and differnt severities. I made a call to the pediatrician.
Now I have to wait for the doctor's office to call me with the specialist appointment. The splotch hasn't seemed to really change, other than becoming a little pinker since he's developed a bit of a tan everywhere. Oddly enough, last night one small edge started peeling a little. Kids, and even one adult at church, have started asking Noah what's "on his head." Make-up hasn't seemed to work and he's starting to become a little sensitive about it. Hopefully the doctor's office will call quickly so we can get this figured out!
1 comment:
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about this. Hopefully you're not right?? but it does sound like you might be.
Post a Comment