Thursday, December 1, 2016

High School Basketball

Despite having major hip surgery in early June, Noah proved his dedication and hard work and made the Estrella Foothills High School Basketball team this past October.  His first game was supposed to be in Flagstaff this past Tuesday, but due to snow and ice, Flagstaff cancelled their game.  As a result, tonight was Noah's first official game as a High School athlete. 

Even though Jackson (and I think even Max) had strep throat, I managed to rearrange my work schedule and was able to attend Noah's first game.  I knew Noah wasn't going to play much since he's still slowly recovering, but he surprised me by getting to go in twice for several minutes each time.  Even though they lost to Higley High School, Noah (and his team) did great for their first game.  I am so super proud of him.  He has overcome so many obstacles this summer and has never given up despite soreness and achy joints. 



No comments: