When Jeremy was a kid his family always had the tradition of putting up the "Gumdrop Tree" each Christmas as part of their decorations. Wanting to carry on that tradition, I began my search for one such tree several years ago. I soon found that this was a difficult item to find... popular candy stores and Christmas stores had never even heard of these. I thought all hope was lost until I finally found one on Ebay. I bought it and we've used it as part of our own Christmas decorations the past couple of years. Sadly, I think this will be the last year of the tree. Since it's made of a cheap plastic, the branches are now weak and one even broke off when Noah was sticking on a gumdrop Saturday. I did see a metal one in the Skymall magazine a few weeks back when I went to Denver, so if I'm lucky, I'll be able to continue with this tradition next year and for many years to come.
Jeremy and the boys with the gumdrop tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment