Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Turtle Pumpkin Pie

I always go all out preparing the Thanksgiving meal and I typically like to try some new recipe; mostly desserts. This year was no exception. I had received my Kraft Foods magazine a month or so ago and inside was a recipe for Turtle Pumpkin Pie. It's a variation of the traditional pie in that it adds carmel, pecans, vanilla pudding, and graham crackers. The picture of the pie looked amazing, so I decided this was the new recipe I wanted to try. As it turns out, Jeremy and the kids LOVED it! Jeremy made the comment that he liked it almost better than the traditional pumpkin pie, and the kids, who never would touch pie before, gobbled it up and wanted more! So I've posted it for all of you to try. Trust me when I say you'll love it too!


Turtle Pumpkin Pie

1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. caramel ice cream topping, divided
1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. PLANTERS Pecan Pieces, divided
1 cup cold milk
2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided


Pour 1/4 cup caramel topping into crust; sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans. Beat milk, pudding mixes, pumpkin and spices with whisk until blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups cool whip. Spread into crust. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Top with remaining cool whip, caramel topping and pecans just before serving.

1 comment:

Cheree said...

Yummy. You are so good going all out and trying new things. I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving.