Friday, January 22, 2010

I Want to Rock 'n Roll All Night...

Jackson chose a Rock Star theme for his 6th birthday party. For his invitations, I found invites that looked like real concert tickets, and had I typed the information rather than hand-write them, they would have looked even more authentic. As for decorations, I hung large shiny silver stars from the ceiling, borrowed a friend's disco ball, and hung up various rockstar posters all around the living room and kitchen. (Pictured above are some of the 17"x 20" posters I used.)

When the kids arrived, Jeremy acted as the "bouncer" and checked the list to make sure each of the kids' names were on there. Once through the door, I hung a backstage pass around their neck. When all the guests had arrived (Jackson invited 10! Yikes!), we started by playing "Freeze Dance." After that game, we led the kids into the kitchen where we had them make rockstar pizzas (rockstars get whatever they want you know).

Noah and Chloe making their pizzas. Surprising, many of the kids had never even made their own pizzas before!

After some more games, the pizzas were ready to eat. Most of the kids couldn't eat it all and had to take the rest home.

Braeden and Abby during our "Crazy Sack" game. These two were good sports and actually put on the goofy items they drew from the bag.

No matter how many times we told the kids to sit down so everyone could see, they all seemed to crowd around Jackson each time a new present was opened.

Instead of cake and ice cream (we've found that the kids just eat the icing and the cake goes to waste), we gave the kids brownies and ice cream. They then were allowed to create their own sundaes.

Jackson with his sundae.

Overall, the party seemed to go pretty well. There were one or two kids we could have done without, but they all seemed to have fun. They each left with a small treat bag filled with rockstar loot (rockstar pencils, rockstar tattoos, pop rock candy, fun dip candy, and star sunglasses).

2 comments:

Jenni said...

What an AWESOME party. You are so amazing. I loved that Jeremy was the bouncer.

Erica Green said...

I so love this idea!!!