It was already after 5 p.m. by the time I finally got all four kids bundled up and over to this detention pond. Normally this detention pond is a huge eyesore, but the smoothed out runs left by previous kids proved perfect for the boys to use. Alora took a little coaxing to sled (she's never gone before) and finally I was able to get her to go down seated on my lap. We only lasted about 20 minutes before the sky was starting to darken and the kids were complaining of the cold, but they seemed to have a lot of fun.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Detention Pond Sledding
Last Friday as the kids and I drove around delivering Jackson's birthday party invitations, the boys saw some of their friends sledding in the detention pond behind their houses. Of course that spurred the interest and excitement in the boys and as a result, I being the nice mom (for a few minutes at least), gave in and told them I'd take them to the detention pond a couple of houses down from ours.

It was already after 5 p.m. by the time I finally got all four kids bundled up and over to this detention pond. Normally this detention pond is a huge eyesore, but the smoothed out runs left by previous kids proved perfect for the boys to use. Alora took a little coaxing to sled (she's never gone before) and finally I was able to get her to go down seated on my lap. We only lasted about 20 minutes before the sky was starting to darken and the kids were complaining of the cold, but they seemed to have a lot of fun.
It was already after 5 p.m. by the time I finally got all four kids bundled up and over to this detention pond. Normally this detention pond is a huge eyesore, but the smoothed out runs left by previous kids proved perfect for the boys to use. Alora took a little coaxing to sled (she's never gone before) and finally I was able to get her to go down seated on my lap. We only lasted about 20 minutes before the sky was starting to darken and the kids were complaining of the cold, but they seemed to have a lot of fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment