Saturday, January 12, 2013

Basketball Begins

Noah and Jackson have decided to try out basketball this season.  Both boys typically play baseball, but lately they've really been into basketball as well.  Noah (and I think even Jackson) play it almost every day at school, but I don't know how well they actually play. 

Noah's team is the Wolvez.  He plays with 5th and 6th graders and is coached by the guy who formed the Estrella Youth Sports (EYS) organization.  His first game was today and sadly they were whooped.  Noah wasn't super aggressive, but covered his opponent pretty well.  Hopefully his team will win next week.

Noah is pictured in the middle, number 5.
Jackson's team is the Dunkers (yes, the Dunkers) and is composed of 3rd and 4th graders.  When the boys first choose their team name I thought they were saying the "Duggers," as in the family on T.V. that has 19 kids.  But I guess that's the name the boys use for their team at school.  Despite quite a few fouls the first half of the game, the kids all did pretty well.  They even won their first game... way to go DUNKERS!

No comments: