Sunday, February 16, 2014

Gilbert Temple


This past week I had the opportunity to take my kids to the Gilbert Arizona Temple open house.  It's not very often that you can visit a temple open house, so I wanted the kids to be able to see inside of one while they could. 


This particular temple is about an hour away from us.  It is the fourth temple in Arizona and is now the tallest building in the city of Gilbert.  It is gorgeous!  It was fun to watch and listen to the kids as we progressed throughout the rooms.  Some of my favorite things I heard were:

  • "That font looks like a hot tub!"  (Alora, when she saw the baptismal font.)
  • "Whoa, I think we're on the Titanic." (Noah as we were going up the grand staircase.)
  • "I only want a drink from the gold water fountain!" (Thirsty Max, when I showed him the water fountain in the men's dressing room.)
Grandma came along for the ride too!



No comments: