Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pinewood Derby

Hooray!  We are done with Pinewood Derby's for another four years!  I know we really shouldn't rejoice about this, but man, these stinkin' cars are a serious headache!  Jeremy and I do not own any real power tools, nor are we really good craftsmen, so helping our boys with their cars are almost impossible.  Thankfully, they have an uncle, my brother, who is amazing and can take their blocks of wood and transform them into what they want.  His work and their design have earned them many high rankings, and this year was no exception.

The Pinewood Derby seemed to sneak up on us this year.  Luckily, only Jackson had to do a car.  Because we had absolutely NO TIME to even been construction, we took an old winning car and modified it a bit.  It was no surprise that it came in 2nd place in the main race and then 1st place in the backwards race.  My brother is a master builder!  Our boys have always placed in the top 3 every single year and I know it's because he has come to their rescue.

No comments: