As if we didn't already have enough things going on, my friend Carlie and I decided it would be fun for the kids to raise baby chicks for a while. We found a great store in Glendale, Pratts Feed Store, that actually lets you purchase the animals with a guarantee that they will buy them back when you are finished with them. How perfect is that?!? Not only did this store sell baby chicks, they also sold the fertilized eggs, ducks, hens, roosters, various breed of bunnies, goats, a python and many other types of birds. It was like visiting the farm!
Carlie and I each chose two four-day old bantam chicks. Max picked out the smallest chick of the bunch and named her Brownie. The other chick I got the kids named Fluffy. Carlie's kids named theirs Lexi and Egg Yolk. We also had to purchase a heat lamp and special chick starter feed. Let the adventure begin!
 |
| Alora holding Brownie. |
 |
| A close-up picture of Brownie that Noah took. |
 |
| Jackson holding Fluffy. She's just a smidgen bigger than her friend. |
No comments:
Post a Comment