Saturday, January 7, 2012

Jackson's Baptism

Today Jackson was baptized.  On the way to the church I was quizzing Jackson on what it meant to be baptized.  He pretty much knew why baptism was importance and what everything meant.  He was a little unsure of how repentance exactly worked though.  I explained that when he does something wrong, he needs to ask for forgiveness.  I gave an example of how if he says something mean to his sister he has to repent.  He replied, "Well, I haven't been baptized yet, so I can still say something mean to her!"  That's Jackson for you. 

During the baptism, Jeremy actually had to perform it twice because of a slight word mix-up.  (Or, maybe Jackson needed the extra cleansing.  ;) )    The second time, Jeremy bonked Jack's head on the font floor.  It was pretty funny.  He's such a lightweight! 

At the conclusion of the service, Jackson's baby cousin, Hadley Gunnell, was blessed.  Since a lot of our family was already in town for Jack's baptism, we all got to see her blessed, instead of having to go to my sister's home in Colorado. 

My side of the family, minus my other brother, Teaaron, who couldn't leave work in Colorado.

No comments: