Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trunk-or-Treat

Last night was our church's Trunk-or-Treat and since Jeremy and I are on the activities committee, we were responsible for a lot of it. Early in the afternoon my neighbor, Amethyst Delle Donne, who happens to be the committee chairperson, and I went and parked our cars over at the church to block off the area where we wanted the cars to later park. We tied a thick, white rope between the cars, shooed some pre-teens away from our signs they were already playing with and left to go home. A couple of hours later, as I was blood-staining Jeremy's costume and props, I received a frantic call from Jeremy saying a police officer had just called him saying our rope had "clothes-lined" some little girl on her bike. Apparently the medics had to be called and as of now, the parents weren't pressing charges. GREAT!!! I ran over to Amethyst's and together we drove over the church to see if the officers/medics were still there. Nothing. We drove to our Bishop's house but he wasn't home. Finally, we went over the Fire Captain's house (he attends our church) and he was able to call the station and find out more info. Luckily, the little girl was treated and released at the scene and is okay, so we should be in the clear. Amethyst and I were both overly relieved. We don't know how she didn't see the big rope! After returning home and quickly packing the other cars back up, we returned to church to set up for the Trunk-or-Treat. We turned the back of our car into a scary hospital with Jeremy being the evil surgeon. (A couple of kids even thought the blood-stained sheet was real.) Before we were even to begin, tons of people started arriving so we got the games and activities started while the Bishop walked around to judge the trunks. It was a little chaotic at first, but overall we had an amazing turn-out and I estimated that we had about 180 kids trunk-or-treating.

Noah chose to be Indiana Jones this year.

Jackson initally wanted to be the Joker, but the costume was too hard, so he compromised and was a gangster instead. He LOVED his tommy gun!

Little Alora was Raggety Ann. Everyone loved her costume and kept asking if I made it.

Jeremy, as the evil surgeon. We had a make-shift gurney to his right and the back of the car had jars of hearts, eyeballs, and fresh inards. We also had creepy music playing, a strobe light that flashed and Jeremy reeving his power drill.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

You are so creative. I loved every costumes (especially little Raggity Ann).

Cheree said...

You all look so great! That poor person that was treated by Jeremy.